Thesis Prototype 1
The research domains & questions I am exploring through my prototypes:
- What assumptions do we make about the body & disabled body regarding technology on the body? (Precedence: E-textiles, wearable technology, body, and ability)
- Can we rethink and change our behavior regarding materials?
Feedback for the direction my thesis can take based on this prototype iteration:
- Where are you making your claim?
- Who's your user group? Is there really a need for a user?
- Who in the fashion production line are you addressing? (fashion designer ---> client ---> consumer? etc)
- What is the "problem" you are addressing? ( taking advantage of materials; making assumptions about materials as a consumer in fashion? )
- List what places and cases that involve "selecting & using materials" (Where are material properties important to know?) Ex- Teslsa, BMW, Textile suppliers, Fashion forecasters for textiles and color trends.
- Could your work represent a new way of navigating material libraries as networks?
- We are "short" and disconnected from the physical (touching materials) and digital (online representation of materials like Material Connexion). (Technology touch vs. tactile real touch)
- Could my "game" prototype be used in a pedagogy sense (A "learning tool")?
- Am I questioning our relationship to materials vs. what properties materials have?
Other concepts included a swatch object that has detachable swatches. The detachable swatches can then be placed on an interface to reveal the material name and properties.