Quick Test: Wearable & Materials 2
TASK: Am I articulating the right hypothesis? Am I testing it the right way?
My hypothesis: The form of wearables will determine it's desirability.
What dictates wearables lifecycle & functionality? What wearables can be associated with what kind of environments?
- Form will dictate the use case of wearables
- Material will dictate use case of wearables
- What materials will create technologies for heat resistant clothes? Transformative clothing?
STEP 1: Match form with user persona:
- DRAWING 1: shoulder pad: To prevent scoliosis / long term damage of shoulders, due to heavy backpacks
- DRAWING 2: mat- dress (A dress that morphs into a heating mat to take wherever)
- DRAWING 3: speaker hoodie (A hoodie that activates voice record when the facial skin is in contact with the fabric)
- Material 1 (stair shaped squares), Material 2 (soft-folded diamonds), Material 3 (circular modules) , Material 4 (pop-up laser cut purple flower)
STEP 2: Next is to test materials (bio-plastic/ sustainable materials) also match wearables to an environment (Moodboard: photos of environment for these wearable to invision a future scenario)
User reactions & opinions: comments from Mala, JaeYoung, G’s, Hang, Xue, Haotin:
- Mala: something that inflates (purple flower) in form for the 1 & 3, (soft diamond form_ for the shoulder pad
- Haotin: Material square diamonds can deflate and inflate for shoulder use.
- G: Softer paper material can be used for hoodie
- Hang: Circular materials can be paired for the shoulder pad- wearable scene