Wearable Tech Readings 6: Cyborgs/ Skin
- The liquid metal ink promises unique printable electrical properties as both bio-electrodes and electrical wires.
- Team at University of Tokyo creates electronic mesh to wrap on robotic hand.
- Goal to make electronic skin (E-SKIN), embedded with temperature & pressure sensors
- Difficulty to create large sheets & embed it with enough sensors to mimic the sensitivity & ergonomics of human skin
- E-skin microprocessors and the thin-film transistors behind display screens, are manufactured on rigid substrates like silicon and glass.
- Thin-film transistors will be one of the key elements in this electronics revolution. ** TFT display seen on cheap feature phones!
- "Your skin is essentially an interface between your brain and the external world. It senses a tap on the shoulder or the heat from a fire"