Software Takes Command
Reflection: Introduction Chapter, Manovich, L. Software takes command (Links to an external site.)
- Software as an overarching layer on all things. From culture to arts
- Questioning the separation of "new media" and software in history: What is media after software? ( Meaning what is the outcome after that layer of software--- what is design movies after using after effects software; new hybrid?)
- Connections between an artist's medium of choice and use of softwares mediums
- MIT's Fuller says "All intellectual work is now software" (meaning everything you think of and make is a form of software b/c it's filtered by it?)
- Software helps us understand contemporary skills (intangible?): communication, representation, control. vision, memory etc.
- Software as a way to: create, assess, engage, participate & develop.
- Mind map: Drawing