Major Studio Week 1: IP & Business
When proving a good idea, we referred to Eric Reis' Lean Startup.
- How effectively to develop an idea and validate it: Test—-Measure—-Learn—-Test ——(repeat)
- MVP: scientific process, finds the core and essential feature of your idea. (Minimum Viable product)
- Find products people want, and making those. Rather than what you THINK people want
- Make something that tests a hypothesis, no need for the full product overview.
- All ways to validate your “need” or “x number of people’ who sign up for your product/ service.
Another example on wearable technology patents and sourcing your material.
Reference: Major Fashion Retailers Named in Smart Shirt Suit. U.S. Patent No. 6,381,482, titled "Fabric or Garment with Integrated Flexible Information Infrastructure," and U.S. Patent No. 6,970,731, titled "A Novel Fabric-Based Sensor for Monitoring Vital Signs.