List of ideas and inspiration for the Quick Test:
(1) Validate the need for Modular Wearables (Paper & Code)
Not all fashion is wearable but still desired (Wearbale tech too gadget-oriented and even complex haute couture) .
- Test the needs for "modular fabrics": People's response (survey) on where or when they would wear such things
- Confirm social user cases factor of transformative materials, smart fabrics, modular wearables.
- Test using sustainable materials (Hanji? Bamboo?)
- Reference: Self-Assembly MIT, Issey Miyake , Chanel Haute Couture 2015 (paper)
(2) Validate the need for a Wearable Education Community (Web design)
The evolution of design education in correlation to rising technologies: Is wearables education needed?
- Try creating a data management on website to grow a community (validate website hits)
- Test the need fo DIY kits. Create and developing a quick kit for teaching professional or college-level designers wearables (How can one kit cover the basics of wearables?)
- Reference: Don Norman, State of Design: Why design education must change
(3) Validate the need for jewelry as interface
Jewelry and accessories have seen a recent boom in the wearable tech boom. But are they limited to one design form?
- Reference: Van Cleef & Arpels' history of convertible jewelry.
*Image courtesy of Smart Textiles